Tuesday, September 16, 2014

S I X T E E N | Most people don't know this but...

Wow.  This one is tough.  I'm really an open book.  I guess the thing that most people don't know is that at one point in my life, I had my cosmetology license. The state of Texas changed the requirements to keep it, and hair stylists now have to do 40 hours a year of continuing education.  Without being in the industry, it's tough to get those 40 hours, and I have no desire to ever cut hair again, so I let it go.

Basically, because I'm an over-achiever, when I was in high school, there were three graduation plans.  The bare minimum, recommended, and advanced.  Guess which one I picked?  As part of the advanced graduation plan, I had to have an certificate of some sort... cosmetology, real estate, etc.  I picked cosmetology.  I tested in Austin in March of 2001.  

Upon graduating, I worked at Toni & Guy for probably 6 months, until I realized that it just wasn't for me.  I left, went into accounting, and haven't looked back. 

1 comment: