Tuesday, September 2, 2014

T W O | Happy, Happy, Happy

As I continue with Brave Love's The Blog-tember Challenge, I find myself really thinking about what makes me happy.  Today's blog prompt is to write about what makes you happy, from the little joys to the huge game-changers.  Not that I'm not inherently a happy person, but I think I sometimes struggle to find joy and happiness in the little things.

When I think about things, no matter what they are, I often find myself googling Bible verses to help sort out my feelings.  And happiness, for me, is no different. I stumbled across this verse:

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.  Against such things there is no law." Galatians 5:22 - 23

For me, that really means something.  The Spirit is {LOVE}.  The Spirit is {JOY}. Peace. Forbearance.  Kindness.  Goodness.  Faithfulness.  Gentleness.  Self-control.

That makes me happy.  


But, what else makes me happy?

Alex & our fur baby, Chloe.  
My parents.  Friends.  Sweet baby noises.  A place to call home.  Hot tea, warm blankets, and long chats with my love.  Rain.  Clouds. Everything Fall.  The holidays.  PUMPKIN.  My career.  {All things pink}  Office supplies, mostly colorful pens.  BOOKS!  My sewing machine.  An ability to create something new.  Baseball.  Football.  Queso.  Spontaneous plans.  





2 comments:

  1. i love my sewing machine too! i don't know if i could ever get a new one...
    http://allthingsbritneylee.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya know, I've always heard that if you write about what makes you happy, you automatically feel happier. Love it!

    ReplyDelete