Monday, September 8, 2014

E I G H T | Music

So I kind of cheated in the beginning of the whole Blog-tember Challenge, because I had some free time on my hands.  I scheduled a couple of posts.  And then I promptly ran out of scheduled posts, which is why Day {EIGHT} is a bit later in the day than normal.  But... it's still on time!

Ahhhh.  Pandora.  :-)  A girl could spend her whole life listening to music.  There are some songs that just bring me back to a time or a place, and help me to relieve memories, good and bad.

It's funny because when I sit down and try to think of the songs that have had such an impact on my life, my mind runs wild.

{Daddy's Hands by Holly Dunn}  Daddy's Hands was played during my Grandpa's funeral.  It's the first song I really remember having such an impact in my life, because the song is completely & 100% my Grandpa.  He passed away in 1994.  I still can't listen to that song without remembering sitting in the funeral home while it played.  

{Pontoon by Little Big Town}  Pontoon.  You know when you hear a song at the right time in your life and it just makes you smile?  Pontoon is totally that song for me.  When my ex-husband said he wanted a divorce, I packed my stuff from our room, and went to live in the guest room until I could find an apartment.  There wasn't a tv in there, so the first night, I was surfing the net, listening to the radio. The first song I heard was Pontoon.  It was such a happy, upbeat song.  And I swear, every time something great happened that summer, I heard Pontoon.  I still smile when I hear it!

{She is Love by Parachute}  Alex & I used to send songs back & forth to each other during the day when we'd hear them if they reminded us of the other person.  She is Love is one of those songs.  :-)  

1 comment: