Either way - my Myers-Briggs: INTJ. No doubt.
I find myself very introverted when it comes to new social settings, new people, etc. I think a lot of that comes from being burned by people in the past, and well as the pain of being hurt in the past. I don't externalize a lot. In fact, I internalize it, and depend mostly on myself to sort through my feelings.
I find a pretty neat site that really gives the portrait of an INTJ.
Some things of note for me...
INTJs live in the world of ideas and strategic planning. {Always.}
They value intelligence, knowledge, and competence, and have high standards in these regards. {Most certainly true. Otherwise, why would I still be in school and trying to get through the CPA exam? Ha.}
INTJ's need closure and organization when it comes to ideas. They aren't interested in understanding a concept, but in applying that concept. The internal form of the INTJ's thoughts and concepts is highly individualized, and is not readily translatable into a form that others will understand. {I hear this a lot. I hear how my brain works faster than my mouth does, and I'm already onto another topic. I have to really focus on this when it comes to work, because I often jump from one topic to another, without fully explaining the first topic.}
INTJs are natural leaders. When in leadership roles, they are effective, because they are able to objectively see the reality of a situation. They are adaptable enough to change things that aren't working well. {This! I love being in a leadership role, because I enjoy taking responsibility for how things operate. I don't mind the relationship aspect of being in a leadership role. In fact, it's probably one of my strongest features.}
INTJs are ambitious, self-confident, deliberate, long-range thinkers. {YES!}
INTJs dislike messiness and inefficiency, and anything that is muddled or unclear. They value clarity and efficiency, and will put enormous amounts of energy and time into consolidating their insights into structured patterns. {Very much so! Some people call this OCD, but it's really just a personality trait. :-)}
When under a great deal of stress, the INTJ may become obsessed with mindless repetitive, Sensate activities, such as over-drinking. They may also tend to become absorbed with minutia and details that they would not normally consider important to their overall goal. {I think this is sooooo true. When I find myself stressed, I worry about the small stuff, because it seems to be the things I can control. It's the only thing that makes me feel like I have some sort of power over my life.}
On a personal level, the INTJ who practices tolerances and puts effort into effectively communicating their insights to others has everything in his or her power to lead a rich and rewarding life.
Another resource, this one, states that this personality trait is extremely rare, and INTJ women are roughly 0.8% of the population. I knew I was awesome. :-)
Yes, you ARE awesome!
ReplyDelete