Things have felt a little dark in my world lately. The overwhelming stress of the CPA exam, the uncertainty of the future, a bit of financial struggles, the added weight gain (physically) and just feeling like the weight of the world is on my shoulders has really taken a toll on my mental state.
I feel defeated.
I don't know how to shake these feelings, because it seems like nothing changes, no matter what I do. I can only handle so much, and I feel like I'm going to break.
So, this morning, I was thinking, as I so often do.
The only person who can change my feelings/viewpoints/moods is me. ME. (As if I need something else to handle... hah.)
I think I'm going to schedule an appointment with a counselor. I found one online that accepts my insurance, she's close to my house, and she has longer hours so I can go after work.
I'm going to create a study schedule for the CPA exam. I work better when I have a plan, and a schedule, and the schedule is something I can control & dictate.
I can't change the financial situation quickly, but I can keep plugging along, doing what I've been doing, and trying to make positive changes. I'm going to start using Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace plan, and go from there. Baby steps.
I'm going to do the Lean Body for Her Challenge. While the actual challenge is over, I'm going to do the workouts and see what I can do in the next 12 weeks.
I have to take control. I can't keep feeling like this. I'm seriously about to lose my mind.
Aww friend I'm so sorry you're feeling so dark lately. :( I honestly think talking to a counselor will really help. I know I felt better when I went. Also, I'm really looking forward to a girls weekend. Please let me know if there's anything you need, I'm here for you always. I really hope things start to turn around soon.
ReplyDelete