Making grown up, adult decisions isn't always easy.
You know that we took on the responsibility of {T & J} back in May. Every day, I hoped & prayed that things would get easier, that they would adjust to our lifestyle, and would all around just be happy. They haven't.
Most days, J barely gets out of his kennel even with the door open. We try to engage him, play with him, take him on walks, etc. but once we're finished, back to his kennel he goes. It's absolutely heartbreaking.
And T is having a hard time as well. Probably not as hard as J is, but he's still not adapting. Both boys have just struggled immensely with the change. And who can blame them? Their mom basically dropped them off at a dog park, and gave them to two people who are complete strangers to them.
Either way - we made the decision to send their mom an e-mail and encourage her to take them back. They are so much happier at home, with her, really where they belong. After several e-mail exchanges, she's agreed to bring them home with her. The reason we got them is because she was taking a job in Germany, but apparently that fell through. Either way...
I hope & pray she keeps them, and they live a happy, full life. They are 7 & 8 and won't live forever. But in my mind, it's not fair to torture them either. My heart breaks for them every single day, and more than anything, I just want them to be happy. Last night, we talked to them (yes, I talk to my dogs) about going back to their mom, and both boys got extremely happy. Jumping around & playing. That's the happiest I've seen them since we got them.
So while adult decisions aren't always fun, sometimes they are for the best.
Oh, wow. I'm so sorry that the transition didn't go well. Poor babies. I know you did a wonderful job taking care of them. I'm glad that she will take them back. It's probably a blessing her job fell through. At that age, they are getting older and change it gets harder. You are a wonderful doggy mommy and T & J were blessed to have such a caring mommy for this time.
ReplyDelete