Friday, June 6, 2014

High Five for Friday

It's Friday!  ::30 second dance party::  This has been a grueling week, but close and longer hours typically means that the week isn't going to be fantastic.  :D But, it wasn't horrible either.  Close went relatively smoothly with only a few minor hick ups, so I will not complain!

What's on your weekend to do list?  Big plans for the weekend?

For us, we're going to be having a relatively LOW KEY weekend at home.  I'm going to go to school tomorrow & help Lindsey put some finishing touches on her classroom for next year so that she can enjoy the summer and her new baby boy! We're going to work on organizing & cleaning a few spaces in our apartment, namely the hallway closet.  It's a mess!  And - I'm hoping to get a couple of hours of sewing in.  I have some projects that I need to get a move on.  Of course, there will be hours spent studying for the CPA exam, but overall it should be a pretty enjoyable, relaxing weekend.

So without anymore talking & dreaming about the weekend, here are my High Five for Friday mentions.  :-)

1.  Last night, Alex and I were able to enjoy a *rare* date night.  Alex surprised me with tickets to see The Fault in Our Stars, in an event called The Night Before Our Stars.  The movie actually releases to theaters nationwide today, but last night, they were doing a special pre-screening.  The event started at 7:30 Central time, but aired at 8:30 eastern, 5:30 on the west coast.  And after the movie was over, we were able to engage in a live chat with the author, the producer, the director, and the cast of the movie.


Let me just say I've always, always, always been a HUGE John Green fan.  I adore his writing, fall in love with the characters, and just enjoy his books.  I've read pretty much all of them.  Alex, on the other hand, is a huge follower of John & his brother Hank's YouTube channels.  All of them.  I think there's 8 or so.  

It was kind of cool to merge the two worlds, and watch a spectacular movie. Normally, I don't think the movie does the book justice, and I almost always despise the movie, because I feel like it takes away from my feelings of book.  This movie wasn't that way though.  It was FANTASTIC!


*Ignore the goofy expression, and the piece of hair across my forehead.*

2.  I'm kind of irrationally excited to help Lindsey with her classroom.  I'm such a kid at heart, I really should have been a teacher, and I loooove making bulletin boards.  :-)  What can I say?!
3.  I'm nervous, as CPA exam results come out on Monday.  :-(  Will I be retaking AUD?

4.  My parents & I are working on a {BIG} surprise for Alex.  He doesn't read this blog, so there's no ruining the surprise, but um, I'M EXCITED!  

5.  I'm so thankful today for the caffeine that comes in this little white cup.  It's about the only caffeine I drink throughout the day, as I try to drink only water while at work.  So it's caffeine magic powers are from Heaven.



1 comment:

  1. I have got to read that book! Everyone is talking about it!! I LOVE that you guys had a night just for you, and it sounds like you had a wonderful time. And C, you look BEAUTIFUL in that picture.

    ReplyDelete