I was born on May 11th, so that makes me a Taurus. There are certain aspects of the Taurus sign that really fit me, and some that couldn't be more off base.
I went to this website to find out more about the Taurus sign.
Taurus Strengths:
dependable (yes), persistent (uh huh), loyal (very), generous (extremely), patient (not so much)
Taurus Weaknesses:
stubborn (extremely), lazy (ha! have you met me?! i'm so far from lazy), possessive (i can be), materialistic (i try not to be, but i probably am), self-indulging (sometimes)
Taurus is not the one who ventures out into the unknown and leads the way, Taurus is the one that will follow the leader and strengthen and build upon the discovered, in other words they are the one that will "dot the I's and cross the T's". This perseverance is given to them by their stubborn streak. Taurus stubborn streak is what gives their independence. They like to do things their way. They are perfectly fine on being alone, this way things get done they way they want them to be done. Taurus is not a follower, but they are not the brave one either. Taurus is perfectly independent. With their perseverance, they get things done and can do quite well for themselves.
I don't know that I agree with the fact that I'm not a leader - because I am. But many of these traits fit me to a t! I don't mind being alone, in fact, I usually enjoy it. I want things done my way. I'm stubborn to a fault, and demand perfection, but mostly of myself.
A Taurus is an excellent friend. Taurus has few close friends as opposed to many acquaintances. The few people they hold dear to them are guarded and protected. Their friends are treated like family and they are fiercely loyal and dependable. Taurus loves to be the host or hostess. Although not a total social butterfly, they can be shy around strangers, the people who Taurus let into their lives are lavishly catered to when Taurus decides to throw a party, they decorate and present everything lavishly. Taurus will always pamper themselves and their close group of friends.
This is VERY much me as far as the friendship aspect goes. I only have a few close friends, and I honestly wouldn't trade it for the world. I have two amazingly close friends in my life that I truly consider sisters. I do love to host parties, mostly for the planning aspect of it. And I definitely pamper myself and my friends when I can.
Taurus is a strong business person. Taurus is the one who has immense perseverance, even when others have given up, the Taurus rages on. They have a knack for finance and their financial advice is prized. They know where money is to be made and have the ability to manipulate and set the path for their own success. Taurus are not frivolous spenders but they like to live lavishly and surround themselves with nice possessions and foods, which all adds up resulting in large spending habits. They will not spend all their money and cause their business to fail because if they do, their security and stability will be gone and this will cause them great stress.
This is mostly true, but I only say that because I'm not a business owner. I am in the financial field, so I guess that's a positive attribute of a Taurus. :o) Hopefully, I picked the right career! I do like to live "lavishly," I suppose, and I'm definitely a food snob. Hah.
Taurus are deeply sensitive, the slightest comment or negative remark will be taken personally and they can easily get offended or hurt. Their stubborn streak results in laziness. They can be very lazy when someone gives them orders or wants them to do something they do not want to do. They are not lazy when it comes to themselves,
I do tend to take things too personally, when I should probably be more opt to let them roll of my back. I'm stubborn, I won't lie, and while the website determines that that stubborn streak turns to laziness, I think it's the fact that I'm not willing to be push around. I don't mind doing the things I'm asked at work, home, etc. and I definitely pull my weight, but I'm not willing to succumb to anyone's demands especially when they talk down to me.
Taurus are not fond of change. In fact, is change is imminent, they get very nervous and worried. They do not like anything new because anything new is unknown and Taurus fears the unknown. Taurus needs order in their lives and when they do not have order, they get very anxious. Taurus will cut themselves off from the unfamiliar in order to avoid the feelings of insecurity that arise when new experiences and situations are present. Taurus do not express their feelings openly and their inner self is contained and secretive. Many people do not know how sensitive Taurus really is, they hide it well. As a result, they are often emotionally hurt when the wrong things are said, they take things too personally sometimes. Taurus avoids talking about their emotions and many people never really know how they feel.
Change doesn't necessarily bother me, but I do feel anxious when I'm unsure of the change. For instance, currently we are unsure what we're going to do with our apartment, if we're going to move, renew our lease, etc. and that thought makes me nervous. But only because if we move, we're moving the weekend of the first class of the Fall 2011 semester where I'm taking 9 hours, and I hate to give up the reigns to something important like moving to anyone else. It's the control side of me.
Taurus is the one who has immense perseverance, even when others have given up, the Taurus rages on. Solid and persistent, just like the bull, which is Taurus' well suited symbol. Taurus's have a well known reputation for being stubborn, which is not necessarily a bad thing. The stubborn streak can cause Taurus to butt heads and conflict with other strong character types. Taurus are not fond of change. They like the familiar and routine comfort of life. Taurus is easy going and not one to pick a fight but should some poor souls attempt to provoke Taurus, the wrath will be known, for they have a temper underneath the calm surface. Taurus are very responsive to their surroundings. They like decorations, color, anything that appeals to all the senses. Taurus like possessions and the Taurus home is nicely decorated with lots of things. Taurus are down to earth, they do not like gaudy, flashy or over the top things. They prefer comfortable and creative settings and objects. Taurus likes security, in every aspect of their lives from home, to love, to career. Taurus can be secretive, opinionated and stingy. Taurus tend to be self-indulgent and lazy, Taurus are master procrastinators of the astrology zodiac! They do however have a strong, persistent drive that comes to life when they chose, and no one would ever know that they are lazy. The secret to this is that their laziness is pushed aside when it comes to themselves.
I would say that honestly, for the most part, the Taurus symbol couldn't fit me any closer if I wrote it myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment