Thursday, June 9, 2011

30 Day Blog Challenge - Day 2

Day 2 of the 30 Day Blog Challenge is to write about where I want to be in 10 years.  :o)

Ten years from now seems like such a long time from now, but if the next ten years go by as fast as the last ten did, it'll be here before you know it.  It's interesting that I'm writing this blog post now, because my ten year high school reunion is this year, and as I look back to how much I've changed since graduation, I wonder how much my life will change in the next ten years.

Really, I feel like I have accomplished so much in my life so far, and I can't really imagine that I'll ever be able to accomplish as much going forward - but that certainly isn't going to stop me from trying!

In ten years, I hope to be a practicing Certified Public Accountant, possibly with my own accounting firm catering to small business clients in the DFW Metroplex.  I've considered the possibility of going back to college and getting my PhD, but I'm not certain if I'll pursue that goal or not.  It's definitely an option though.

I would desperately like to pay off all of my college debt in the next 10 years.  It's a doable goal, but I'd like to be mostly debt free (maybe with the exception of a mortgage and a car note) by this date in 2021.

I hope to have a home, a child or two, with a garden, a big back yard or some land, a couple of dogs, and just all around be happy with where I am in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment