Monday, June 13, 2011

30 Day Blog Challenge - Day 6

30 interesting facts about me, huh?  Oh my.  This one is going to be tough.  They may end up being more random than interesting, but here goes nothing.

1.  I was the first person in my family to graduate with a Bachelor's Degree.  I was also the first person to graduate with a Master's Degree.

2.  I'm only 5'4".  I used to wear heels ALL THE TIME to feel taller.  Now, I just don't care.  I'm a flip flop and flat sandals kind of girl.

3.  I'm obsessed with cakes, lately.  I've graduated from Levels 1 and 2 of the Wilton Cake Decorating class. I'm in the midst of taking Level 3.  I'm not very good, but I enjoy it, so I guess that's all that matters, right?!

4.  My favorite color is pink.  Someday, when we buy a house, if we have separate closets, I want a pink, black, and silver closet.  My husband hopes I change my mind.

5.  I have PCOS.  It sucks.  Luckily, I have THREE amazing doctors who are working to help me get past it/through it/whatever.

6.  I'm a momma's girl.  Even at 28.

7.  I love to read!!  I always, always, always have either a book or my iPad with me.  And sometimes both!  I'm currently reading two books at the same time, because well, I'm just that cool.

8.  I'm also a book blogger.  Check it out.  www.thebibliophilesdigest.wordpress.com  I need to make some serious updates though.  I'm behind.

9.  I have two of the BEST friends a girl could ask for!  I wouldn't change either of them for the world, and I thank God daily for both of them.  Carie and Lindsey - you both ROCK!

10.  I passed the state board exam to get my cosmetology license in 2001.  I used it for about 6 months, while working at Toni & Guy.  Decided I hated it - and went into accounting instead.

11.  I love bananas!

12.  I'm attempting to run a half marathon (well, run/walk a half marathon) in November 2011.  I'm scared.

13.  My favorite food is Mexican food.

14.  I'm obsessed with chai tea lattes (or frapps) from Starbucks.  So yummy!  In fact, I'm drinking one now, while eating a banana.

15.  I really want to buy an old piece of furniture and refinish it, but I can't find the "perfect" piece yet.  So I'm still on the hunt.

16.  I set monthly "goals" for myself.  I rarely finish them.  But it's the thought that counts, right?!

17.  I'm organized to a fault, even my calendars are color-coded.

18.  I'm a retired Army's Sergeant's wife.  Crazy, huh?

19.  I looooooooooooooooove sweets.  Probably why my behind is so big, but still!  They are my downfall. Must. Have. Sugar!

20.  Sometimes, I amaze even myself with how much I've changed physically and mentally over the last few years.  It's mind boggling to think of all the things that are different.

21.  I hate fish.  (I don't mind eating them, well, some of them... mostly just salmon, trout, and tuna) but I will NOT touch them.  Imagine trying to go camping/fishing with your husband when you refuse to take the fish off the hook.

22.  I want kids.  I'd even be okay with adoption or fostering.

23.  I type 95 wpm.

24.  My graduate paper (not even a thesis) was 82 pages long, including references.  It took me an entire semester to write, and was over Apple, Inc.  Exciting huh?  I told you I loved Apple!

25.  Speaking of Apple, I never leave home without my iPad and iPhone.  It's an addiction.  Clearly, I enjoy being "connected!"

26.  I hate watching the news.  It's always bad.  Nothing good.  Always negative.  I need some positive news sometimes, people!

27.  I check my Google reader for new blog posts from friends/family/strangers several times a day.

28.  I get my nails and my toes done, every two weeks, without fail.

29.  I'm working on my second Master's.  Sometimes, I think I'll never be finished with school.  And when I am finished, I'd like to find a teaching position at a local community college or university.

30.  I've never been out of the United States, but I hope to change that in 2012.  I'm trying to convince the ol' husband we need a 5 year vow renewal ceremony on the beach somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment