I pretty much spent the entire weekend blissfully quiet, if that makes any sense. But, for a girl like me, blissfully quiet isn't really my thing. A knew that something was up, but I wasn't ready to talk about it, and he doesn't pry. He realizes that the minute I'm ready to open up about what I'm feeling, I will.
So last night, we got home from my mom's house celebrating my birthday and Mother's Day, and A told me he had to run to the store. I stayed at home, studying for my CPA exam, but he was gone for awhile. I didn't think much of it, he leaves for the store sometimes at night, so it's not like it's completely out of the norm for us.
When he returns, he brings with him a dozen pink long stem roses. AND CUE THE TEARS!
I came clean with him on what I was feeling, even that I was thinking of asking him to leave because I didn't feel like he deserved to be with someone who couldn't for sure give him a child someday.
And let me just tell you this, I'm incredibly fortunate. And so loved. While I've always known that to an extent, I think this weekend just reaffirmed that for me. God gave me the one person in this world that is strong enough to pick me up when I feel down, to be my rock when I feel weak, and to help shoulder this burden. I'm forever blessed.
And on a side note:
I did speak with my doctor today. She said that she's not surprised that the progesterone would start another bleeding cycle. Progesterone is the hormone in the body that starts your period. I think just speaking to her gave me a bit of reassurance that my body is kind of doing what its supposed to do. She was pleased that the progesterone stopped my bleeding for a bit, so that's positive news.
I also am waiting to hear back from the endocrinologist. I found one that a.) takes my insurance, b.) is super close to work, and c.) has GREAT ratings on various websites online. I had to send her my medical records, and she's received those, but now she reviews them and talks to my OB/GYN before she agrees to take my case. So I'm waiting to hear.
So glad you have a great guy!!!
ReplyDelete