Friday, June 14, 2013

Fitness Friday (1)

Here's my first accountability post.  And I have to say, I'm beyond proud of myself this week.  :o)  

After having a pity party for one, I woke up Saturday morning and got a workout in.  It wasn't the best, I didn't meet any PR or anything, but I did it.  Sunday - the same thing.  I skipped Monday as a rest day, which was totally planned.  Did the elliptical on Tuesday, lifted weights on Wednesday, rested on Thursday, will get a quick run in tonight, and plan on doing some weight training and running on Saturday.  My weeks are going to go from Sunday - Saturday, so I will have achieved my goal of 5 work outs this week!  Yay!

Food - for the most part I did pretty well.  I went over calories on Monday, but that was due to poor planning on my part due to a work function for a new employee.  Other than that - I stayed within calories each day.  I won't say that my eating will always be perfect, or that I won't have some slip up days, but I will do my best to stay on track.  

It's amazing how just one week can make a difference.  I'm already feeling better, although the scale hasn't moved even .1 lb.  That's okay.  I'm hoping for a big loss next week!

Alex is trying to convince me to start doing the P90X workouts with him.  I think I'm going to try it.  I just have to remember (which I'm still struggling with) that I've never been the athletic type, and I have to work for it.  I wasn't blessed with a high metabolism.  I won't ever shape up as quickly as he will.  Partly because I'm a female, and partly because he's always been insane physically.  If he's willing to do this with me and for me, I'm on board.

For the start of this journey, I'd have to say that week 1 was a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment