In keeping with yesterday's promise of blogging more, and starting the journey of answering all of the questions in the jar... I picked a question today.
If you could change on thing about your personality, what would it be and why?
I've sat here for a few moments thinking about this question. For the most part, I'm pretty fond of my personality. It's one of those things that is always evolving for me. I assume it's the same for everyone. I remember a time where my personality was more outspoken than it is now, and I'm still pretty outspoken. I think a lot of the changes have come from growing up, maturity, and realizing that being so quick tempered and emotional wasn't always the best reaction to every situation.
As I continue to get older, personality becomes more important. It shapes who we are, how we react to certain situations, the careers we have or don't have, the relationships and friendships we have. I think the thing I would change about my personality (if I could) is the fact that I tend to be very Type A, and I can't let things go.
I wish I were the type of person to just "roll with the punches" and not give two craps about the things people say or do to me. I know the saying... you can't change other people, but you can change how you react to them. I wish I could. I wish I could let things go, move on, not dwell on them, etc. But I can't. I'm not necessarily saying I hold a grudge, but I expect too much from people, and I'm often let down. When that happens - I struggle with just letting it go, moving on, and not worrying about those actions and how they affected me. Even 6, 9, 12 months down the road.
No comments:
Post a Comment