Jar Question:
What was your favorite subject in school?
I'm fairly certain this will be the EASIEST question in this entire jar! :o) My favorite subject always has been, and probably always will be, English. Anything to do with English - from reading, to writing, to grammar. I absolutely, without a doubt, LOVE it all.
From an early age, I was a good reader, and I think that translated into so much more for me. I can remember being sent to the principal's office on the first day of 1st grade because I could read at a level much more advanced than that of my peers. I can also remember being held indoors during recess to help tutor those kids that were struggling with reading. Although I don't really remember it now, I'm not sure I would have minded. I've never been the "outdoor" type and I really dislike any sort of organized team sports... playing them, that is.
Even now - I read an average of 75 to 100 books a year. And while that may not seem like a lot to some people, it is when you add in a full time job and a full time graduate course load in school. But I love it. It's what helps me unwind after a grueling day at work, or helps calm my mind so that I can eventually go to sleep. I've also been known to start a book and stay up until 4:00 am reading it. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment