The last couple of weeks have been um, emotionally trying, at best. If you'll remember back a couple of weeks ago, I posted about my grandma's health. And then posted an "update" of sorts that the doctors said she was doing better. However, on June 22nd, 2013, my grandma went to be with the Lord. She was met in heaven by her parents, her grandparents, her oldest born son, and the man she never stopped loving. They had the most amazing welcome party.
For those of us left behind, we were able to celebrate the memories we have of her. Last week, A, my brother M, and I went to KS to be with family. The viewing was on Thursday, and after the viewing, the pastor doing the service, had the entire family sit down and tell our memories of my grandma. Some were sad, many were funny. I learned more about the woman who loved her kids and grandkids unconditionally. And in doing so, we all began to heal as best as you can when you lose a loved one.
As my brother and I were talking - we realized that our cousins, T and E, are the same age as we were when my grandpa passed away. It's kind of weird looking back and remembering how we felt when that happened compared to now when we understand life and death. I was able to be a support system for the boys while their mom dealt with losing her mom. I'm just thankful that I had that opportunity.
For me, I had prayed several weeks before, for healing and peace for my family as I knew this time was coming. I prayed that God would end my grandma's pain and suffering, and that she'd be much happier in Heaven shining down on us each day than laying in a nursing home bed where she didn't know any of us. I'm thankful that he finally took her home.
RIP my sweet grandma Betty! We'll always have the memories. And now, we have another guardian angel.
No comments:
Post a Comment