Resolutions are such a funny thing... I think so at least. Each year starts with a clean slate, a fresh start, a new beginning, and an opportunity for all of us to make "resolutions" that we may or may not keep. A definition of a resolution is a formal expression of an intention. So here's my formal expression of my 2013 intentions...
1. Be healthy. I think I post this resolution or some form of it each and every year. This year won't be any different. From the beginning of 2012 to now, I've managed to drop another 20 lbs, and I'd like to continue that path. My sincerest desire is to be close to my goal weight by my 30th birthday.
2. Focus on me. That sounds ridiculous, I know that. But 2012 was a lot of time spent focused on a lot of other things including divorce, moving, and a ton of other changes in my world. It seems like I wasn't able to really spend much time enjoying the things that *I* like to do, and the things that make me happy. I want to make time for that this year.
3. Set monthly goals. Blog about those goals at the beginning and ending of each month. I really miss doing this. It was a great way to keep myself accountable for the things I want to accomplish.
4. Focus on my 101 things to do in 1001 days list. I need to re-evaluate the list, and make some minor updates, but I want to finish it in 2014, so I really need to spend some time focused on it during 2013.
5. Just enjoy life. Enjoy spending time with family and friends. Stop stressing over things I can not change, and make it a point to be more thankful and appreciative of the experiences.
No comments:
Post a Comment