Today is December 31st. The last day of 2012. I usually don't sit down to type "reflective" posts, even though I should do it more often. I try to keep things around here less serious than real life. But then I was thinking today about what a whirlwind 2012 has been, and I thought it might be nice to put my thoughts down on paper.
2012 started with M and I moving into a new house in Crowley... one we picked out together, furnished together, etc. It was a promising start to a new year. At the end of January, I started a new job with Weir. The first half of the year was pretty mild... not much happening, other than work and school, rinse and repeat.
July came with the news of a pending divorce which really shook my world in the beginning. I wasn't heartbroken in the sense that most people are when they are faced with a divorce. I've felt that M and I should have gone our separate ways several times over the past 10 years. Why either of us held on, I'll never know. So I moved out in the middle of the month, and made the 60 mile one way drive from Dallas for about 6 weeks. I'll be forever grateful to my friend, Carie, for letting me crash at her apartment, and essentially take over 1/2 of her space. Without her, I don't know that I would have made it... well, really, without my entire circle of friends and family.
There was tons of drama, but that's a little more than I want to share here.
On August 22nd, I got the keys to my new place and moved in that evening. My mom came down to be here with the movers, help me unpack and get settled in. My brother, his girlfriend, and my parents came back on Saturday to help again, and we went to dinner to celebrate my new found freedom, and the start of my newest journey. I truly have an amazing family. I'll always be grateful for them.
In September, I finally put a name to the face of "hottie neighbor guy (HNG)" as he was referred to for several weeks after numerous conversations about my dog, Chloe. (I'm still laughing at my inability to see that he was interested in me, and not just Chloe). We had our first official date in October, and have been pretty much inseparable ever sense. He's an incredible person, and I'm excited to continue to get to know him, spend time with him, etc.
Work continues to be stressful - but I guess that's the nature of the beast.
It's been a really long time I've been truly excited for the start of a new year, but I'm thrilled to ring in 2013. It'll be a low key NYE around here - but that's okay.
In 2013 - I will run my first half marathon, I will turn 30, I will graduate with my 2nd Master's degree, I will take a vacation with A to Boston, maybe a trip to Vegas to celebrate turning 30, I'd really like to move across the country to pursue a new career in one of the financial hubs of this country but only time will tell if that'll happen. 2013 is truly going to be a fantastic year!!
No comments:
Post a Comment