I mentioned last week that I had five vials of blood drawn at the new doctor's office. I received the results, and now I'm even more baffled than before.
Basically, everything is perfectly normal, with the exception of my insulin levels. My doctor prescribed 500 mg of extended release Metformin for 5 days, then increased to 1000 mg of extended release Metformin after that. I'm to see her again in 10 - 12 weeks. So really, I have no idea what that means. The good news is that I know now and have a base line for improvement. The metformin will hopefully help with the insulin levels, as well as help me lose the extra weight.
My doctor did advise that 60% of "overweight" cysters can become pregnant with metformin alone. A and I had that conversation, and we're prepared for the outcome, if it happens. While the timing wouldn't be perfect, it would still be a blessing.
So, that's the latest update.
No answers, really. No real reason why I'm having so many issues.
No comments:
Post a Comment