Sunday, December 29, 2013

2014 New Year's Resolutions

I don't know about you, but I always look at each January as a new start, a fresh beginning.  I always sit down and plan my resolutions, but I'm not always the best at keeping them.  In 2013, I had 5 resolutions, but none of them were really concrete.  I wanted to be healthy, focus on me, set monthly goals, focus on my 101 things to do in 1001 days, and just enjoy life.


For the most part, I did okay.  I didn't focus on my health, which leads me to #1 for 2014.  But, instead of having resolutions, I want to put some concrete goals within them. 

#1.  BE HEALTHY.  Switch my diet to a more paleo lifestyle.  Get rid of the extras, the processed crap that isn't good for me anyways.  Eliminate Diet Coke altogether.  Cook at home more.  Eat out less.  Visit the farmer's market, or join a co-op to bring more fresh fruits/veggies into our home.  Focus on the way my clothes fit, how my body changes, how much stronger I become, and don't worry about the calories or the number on the scale.

#2.  Spend more time studying/reading/learning the Bible.  Do a bible study a month.

#3.  Focus on others.  Volunteer with the Salvation Army.  Pay for the person behind me in line.  At least once a month.

#4.  Learn patience.  Or if nothing else, learn to turn to God when I'm feeling stressed or I'm feeling like life isn't happening on my terms.  This is something I struggle with, a LOT.  It's something that I know isn't my strong suit, and something that I know I have to focus on to prevent becoming overwhelmed.

#5.  Pass the CPA exam.  Have the confidence to know that I can do it, that I can pass the exam, and that I know the information.  Pray to God for guidance, strength, and confidence. 

1 comment:

  1. You're such a good person, C! Let me know if you have that bible study, I'd like to join :)

    ReplyDelete