Friday, September 13, 2013

peaks, pits, praises & prayers

Have any of you heard of this idea?  I first saw it on Pinterest, but then, the picture that was posted didn't have a link.  I loved the idea, and thought about just ordering a journal (which I still very well may do).  I tend to write a lot of things down as the day goes, so I think this journaling idea could be a good one.

Anyways...

Peaks, Pits, Praises & Prayers is basically an overview of whatever time frame you choose {typically a day, but well, I'll probably do a week}.  And overall, I think it might be a fun way to remember what happened during the week.

{peaks} - highlights of the day {week}; overall positives
{pits} - low points of the day; instead of complaining, consider these blessings in disguise
{praises} - praising God for specific things through out the day {week}
{prayers} - prayer requests that arouse during the day {week} or have been lingering

{peaks}

i'm really enjoying my tax classes this semester, which is something i never thought i'd say.  i have a really awesome professors, and i feel like i might actually learn something this semester instead of walking away frustrated and overwhelmed.

{pits}

i got a $50 ticket from the dart police this week.  for fare evasion.  and really, it wasn't fare evasion more than it was my lack of reading skills.  it wasn't done on purpose, but i either suck it up and pay the $50 or try to convince a judge that it was an honest mistake.

{praises}

i realize (well, every day) what an amazing support system i have in my friends and family.  and more than that, the amazing boyfriend that i have.  he's never without encouraging words.  and it's funny when God puts you through pain and heartache only to deliver you on the other side.  it teaches us to lean on Him more and on ourselves less.  it's a good lesson to learn.  :o)

{prayers}

i'm not sure if any of you have heard, but there was a major fire on the Jersey boardwalk yesterday. prayers for the lives affected by these fires.  they had just finished rebuilding from the damage from flooding last year.

a prayer for the dart officer that was having such a bad day that he felt the need to take it out on me. i'm not talking about him writing me a ticket, i'm talking about the attitude he had when he made the comments towards me that he made.  i really hope he finds peace and patience in this world.

prayers for A as he tackles some health issues with his doctor today.



No comments:

Post a Comment