All I can say is man, I'm exhausted. But... it was one of the most fun-filled, jam packed weekends I've had in a REALLY long time, and I loved every single minute of it.
After working a pretty stressful week with Sky Chefs and experiencing my first close with them, I was thankful for a weekend of FUN.
On Friday night, Alex and I went to Mattito's for some BOB ARMSTRONG dip (think queso on steroids) and then off to AMC to see Iron Man 3. Since I haven't seen Iron Man 1 or 2, I really didn't have much to compare the movie to, but I really liked it. Alex said it was the worst of the three, so now I need to find time to watch the first two! :o)
Saturday morning involved sleeping late (woo hoo!!), having dinner at Twisted Root, and heading to see game #2 of the Rangers vs. the Boston Red Sox. Of which the Rangers swept the series, I might add! I bought us tickets because I know how much Alex loves baseball, and how much he likes the Red Sox. It just made sense.
Sunday was an amazing day. I woke up early and went to do the Heels n Hills 10K with my bestie, Carie. Came home, jumped in the shower real quick, headed off to church to hear a message about worry and anxiety. Um, hello God, I know I needed that message! Came home, relaxed for a couple of hours, then headed to Music Hall at Fair Park to watch WICKED! :o) Alex surprised me with tickets for my birthday. We had a blast. It was amazing watching the musical that close, seeing all the pieces of the costumes and the stage, and just being close to the action.
I have to say this - I have an amazing man in my life. I mentioned one time a couple of months ago about seeing Wicked while it was in Dallas, and then honestly, forgot all about it. He's amazing to me, and I couldn't be more proud to be his girl. In all of my life, I never thought a love like this could exist. I never thought being this in sync with another person was possible, but I'm grateful and beyond thankful that it is, and more than that, that God brought us together in the most unexpected way.
No comments:
Post a Comment