Sunday, November 25, 2012

Creamy Garlic Pasta

When I started this blog - I had no real direction where it would go.  I still don't.  I just like sharing things, I love writing, and well, this is the love child of those two hobbies.  So far, the majority of my posts have been cooking related.  For anyone who knows me, and has known me for the past 10+ years, cooking has never been one of my strong talents.  I've always struggled in the kitchen.  A lot of it, I'm finding out, is due to the lack of confidence and the lovely reminders of "not being able to do it" that I had in my ear. 

When Carie (Carie's Cooking Corner) introduced me to the Creamy Garlic Pasta recipe she found online, I just knew I had to try it.  (I don't have the link to this recipe - but if anyone finds it online, could you let me know?  I definitely want to give credit where credit is due.  This recipe is amazing!) 

I'm posting two recipes tonight (Creamy Garlic Pasta and Sour Cream Parmesan Chicken) without pictures.  I never think about posting the recipes and pictures to this blog until it's too late.

Creamy Garlic Pasta

INGREDIENTS

2 tsp olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp butter
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
3 cups chicken stock
1/2 lb spaghetti or angel hair pasta
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
3/4 cup heavy cream
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley

INSTRUCTIONS

In a pot, bring the olive oil to medium-low heat.  Add the garlic and stir, allowing it to cook for 1 - 2 minutes.  Mix in the butter until melted.  Add the salt, pepper, and chicken stock.  Raise the heat to high and let it come to a boil.

Once it is at a rolling boil, add the pasta and cook for as long as the box's directions indicate.  Reduce the stove to medium heat and mix in the parmesan until completely melted.  Turn off the heat and stir in the cream and parsley.  Serve immediately.

***  I didn't change anything with this recipe either.  It makes a lot of pasta, but I'd much rather have left overs than try to adjust the recipe.  I ended up having to leave out the parsley because I forgot it at the store, but I would imagine that adding the parsley would make this dish that much more delicious.  I'll definitely be cooking this one again.  

1 comment: