Thursday, May 5, 2011

Cake Decorating - Level 2 - Week 1

I officially made the move from blogger to wordpress.  And holy moly, I love it here!  I wish I had done this a long time ago!  :o)  It's so much more user friendly than blogger - and I love the fact that I can easily post, change, add categories (because they are in a drop down menu!), add pictures.  Yeah, it's pretty much awesome.

Carie, Lindsey, and I started Level 2 of the Wilton Cake course at MIchael's.  In this level, we'll use a lot of fondant, royal icing, and gum paste.  This is definitely more of a challenge for me than the first one seemed to be.  I have a short attention span, at least by 8:30, when our class gets out.  And I feel kind of slow.  LOL.  I'm not - I know I'm not. And I'm hoping it was just this class, since I knew I had so much to do when I got home.

[gallery link="file"]

Here are my lovely creations.  Clearly - making the move to WordPress means that I need to start taking better quality photos, and not use my iPhone anymore.  In both pictures, the one on the left is made using a press, basically like a die cut.  And the one on the right is used by using a cookie cutter to make the overall shape, using a round ball to "flatten and lift."  In my defense (because I really do need it), the one on the right in the right picture feel out of my bag and landed underneath the heater in my car, so it doesn't look so pretty anymore.  I need some work.

No comments:

Post a Comment