Monday, December 12, 2016

2016

Y'all.  Can you {BELIEVE} that it's been almost two years since I've updated this little 'ol blog of mine?  I used to really believe that writing my thoughts down on this blog was therapeutic, and then I found that it got to be a bit cumbersome to keep up.  But y'all - it's so fun to look back over the last few years and just see really how much life has changed.

As you all know, 2015 brought about BIG changes in our little world...

January - I moved to NC, to a long term hotel & then to a corporate apartment.
February - Alex & Chloe followed.  We moved from the corporate apartment to a 1 bedroom.
March - Mostly just explored GSO & settled into a new job.  Took a trip to the ocean.
April - Moved AGAIN from a 1 bedroom to a 2 bedroom.
May - Celebrated 32!
June -
July -
August -
September - Got engaged on the swinging bridge at Grandfather Mountain.  Had an extended vacation with my parents at Nags Head (Outer Banks), Grandfather Mountain & Asheville.
October - Celebrated Alex's birthday + our anniversary.
November - Had Thanksgiving, just the two of us.
December -

2016 was a pretty non-eventful year, until the end.  But that's okay.  I've found that I love non-eventful, and I love my little family.

January - A trip to Pittsburgh, PA to welcome in 2016.
February -
March -
April -
May - Surgery!
June - A trip to Canton, OH + Columbus, OH to visit family & friends before Alex left.
July - A trip to Asheville, NC to celebrate the 4th of July and just get away for a bit.
August - Moved from our apartment to a townhouse.  We're {MUCH} happier here!  But, Alex deployed in August too so it was a very bittersweet month.
September - Really focused on adjusted to life without Alex, even if in the short term.
October - Surprised Mom for her birthday.  Celebrated Alex's birthday + our anniversary from a distance.  A 2nd surgery!
November - Celebrated Thanksgiving with my Grandma Taylor.  That's the first time I've spent Thanksgiving with  her since I was 9.
December - Welcomed Alex home for his R&R trip.  Visited Asheville & The Polar Express & The Biltmore.  Then we're heading to Texas for a few days before Alex has to return to finish out his contract.

I'm so looking forward to 2017, to visit Europe with the love of my life, to welcoming him home for good at the end of the summer, and to just settling down & figuring out where God sees our family in 2017 and beyond.

I have big personal plans for 2017, and I can't wait to see them come to fruition.

No comments:

Post a Comment